Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Tale of Two Omelettes: Two Cities, Two Restaurants, Two Ways

Rarely do I go out to breakfast two days in a row.  But that's exactly what I did this weekend!

Yesterday, of course, I was in Greenville, so we hit up an old favorite: Stax's Original.  If you are ever in the Greenville area, this place is a great breakfast spot.  It is always busy on Saturdays and Sundays.  Stax's is very casual and comfortable.  My parents eat here almost every week!

Yesterday, I opted for the Western Omelette with breakfast potatoes and coffee... Yummmmmmm... I LOVE breakfast!  It is quite possibly my favorite "go out to eat meal." 





Obviously this was not the healthiest of breakfasts...  but definitely tasty!  Warning... eating at Stax's HAS been known to cause early-afternoon drowsiness...

Now, we're back home in Rock Hill.  Sadie spent last night with her Nanny and Papa (Ryan's parents) so Ryan and I decided to have a "grown-up" breakfast out.  We headed to The Terrace Cafe in the South Park area of Charlotte.  We're so lucky to be so close to Charlotte!

The Terrace Cafe is such a nice place to eat breakfast.  First of all, the South Park area is beautiful.  The restaurant is very open and there is a huge terrace inside (hence, the name).  They have all sorts of interesting breakfast goodies, like Fried Green Tomatoes, Red Velvet Waffles, Pumpkin Pancakes... it was hard to choose!

I decided on a "Y" omelette.  They have 2 "Y Omelettes" that were designed by a nutritionist with the Charlotte Area YMCA.  My omelette was made with egg whites, spinach, turkey, tomatoes, and other veggies.  It was served with fresh fruit, whole-wheat toast, and a small salad.  And, O.M.G... it was delicious. 






Ryan went for the full breakfast: eggs, hash browns, bacon, salad, and pancakes.  Also delicious.  (I had to sample the pancakes!) 


If you are looking for a great place to eat breakfast, I would definitely give The Terrace Cafe a try.  Also, they start to get busy around 10 a.m.  We got there at 9:40 and that was PERFECT.  We walked right in.  BUT... if you visit their website, you can make reservations online!  Very convenient.

So that's my tale of two omelettes... two great cities, two great restaurants!

Now we've got to get our day started... errands to run, and we've got to go get our little munchkin!  I miss her!

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out, too! I love all the salty and sweet combinations. And what are red velvet waffles? Oh my word, they sound yummy!
    I love that picture of Sadie- it's like she is a big girl, but she still has a little baby in that sweet face. It's such a sweet age (hard sometimes, but still sweet!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!