Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Little "Taste" of Our Greenville Trip...

After all of our fun at Pumpkintown, we came home for a little break, and then headed back out to Downtown Greenville for Fall for Greenville!  We weren't the only ones... take a look at this crowd!





Fall for Greenville is so much fun.  You can taste so many different kinds of foods, listen to live music, attend beer and wine tastings, and more. 

Check out these canteloupe "sculptures" I came across...

a swan...

and fish!

It's so hard to choose which foods to taste, but we settled on trying...

a mini cheeseburger with homemade chips...

some jumbo lump crab fritters with tartar sauce...

some seafood gumbo...

spicy tuna rolls...

and some "banilla" ice cream for Sadie and a red velvet cupcake for Ryan!

I really would have liked to taste these beautiful mini pumpkin cheesecakes I saw, but we ran out of tickets.  But seeing those inspired me to look for a pumpkin cheesecake recipe and try to make a low-fat one.  Maybe I will work on that this week sometime. 

Sadie was so patient, letting us wheel her around all night in the stroller, so we had to take a break and let her run around barefoot in a nice grassy spot by a new hotel.  She loved this part of the evening.



This morning, Ryan and Poppy had plans to play golf.  So before they left, I made a batch of egg cups for us all to enjoy.  This time I was able to use some fresh parsley from Leenie's herb garden! 




Later, Leenie, Sadie, and I went to visit my Memama and Grindaddy.  Grindaddy is very excited because he just found out last night that he gets to take a day-trip to Washington, D.C. to visit the World War II Museum on Tuesday!  He'll fly out Tuesday morning from the Greenville, SC airport and return that evening.  And all expenses are paid!  I think it is WONDERFUL that some of our country's veterans are able to visit this museum for free-- especially people who live far away from D.C.  I can't wait to hear about his trip and see pictures!

Then, Leenie, Sadie, and I headed to the Zoo.  Sadie LOVES the Greenville Zoo.  She knows the zoo by heart.  She had a blast, but is very tired from all her fun adventures this weekend!



Sadie's trasures from this trip were a baby giraffe and some giraffe-print sunglasses!




What a fun weekend!  We're home now, just relaxing a bit.  The nice thing is... we have no work tomorrow!  It's bittersweet... tomorrow is a furlough day for me and for Ryan... one of the ways our districts are coping with budget cuts.  This reminds me that I need to really read about some of the candidates and make some decisions before Election Day.  We just can't cut any more from our public S.C. schools. 

Ok, I will step down off the soap box...

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooo fun, Liz. Your daughter is beyond cute! "banilla" Love it. We tried to go to the pumpkin patch this weekend but they weren't open yet. (it's not a real one, just haystacks and a bunch of pumpkins, but the kids like it)

    Those little egg cup thingys look so good. It's making me hungry and that is not good because it's 9:30 pm.

    thanks for stopping by Liz! I appreciate your support and sweet comment. I know, can't believe I picked all the fondant off either..ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!