Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Heart My Crock Pot: Easy Pot Roast and Vegetables

For some reason, today was a tiring day.  I don't know what made it that way.  Maybe my lack of sleep this week is catching up to me.  I've been staying up way too late!  It was a good day, overall, with the exception of forgetting my pants.  (More on this in a minute...)  I was kind-of dragging when I got home.  But when I opened the door at home, I immediately encountered the comforting, inviting aroma of Easy Pot Roast with Vegetables!  Don't you love coming home to an already-cooked meal?  I really heart my Crock Pot.  This is the time of year that it gets the most use... soups...stews...mmmmmmm...... I love fall and winter foods!


I know everyone knows how to make a Pot Roast, but I'll share how I made mine this morning.

Ingredients:
2 lbs top round roast
4 russet potatoes, quartered
2 onions, peeled and quartered
1 cup of baby carrots
3 celery stalks, sliced
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup dry red wine (I used Merlot)
salt, pepper, and other seasonings

Directions:
Throw all the vegetables in the Crock Pot.  Add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings.  I used an all-purpose blend.  Then, add the meat.  Lay the roast over the vegetables. Pour the wine over the meat.  Then season the meat.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is cooked through and falling apart!

This recipe serves 4.

I am soooooo excited for tomorrow.  Tomorrow I am going to a Cris Tovani workshop.  For those who don't know her, she's the author of some really fabulous professional books for educators.  Some that I have used are Do I Really Have to Teach Reading? and I Read It, But I Don't Get It.  I know it is going to be a FABULOUS Friday. 

Oh-- you want to know about me forgetting my pants, right?  Well, I was all set to teach Zumba this afternoon.  I went to change into my Zumba clothes, and guess what I forgot?  PANTS!  So... I did not teach Zumba at school this afternoon.  And I used that as an excuse to be totally lazy... I skipped Zumba with Katie at 5:30 and didn't go to weigh in at Weight Watchers, either.  Do you ever have days like that?  You mess up on one thing and then self-sabotage???

Tomorrow I will try to get back up on the horse!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I cannot remember the last time I had pot roast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!