Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nutella... Where Have You Been?

So, this morning, I reheated the breakfast cups for about 30 seconds in the microwave.  And I pronounce them a huge success!  They reheated nicely and were such a quick and easy breakfast!  And as I was eating them, I was like, "This totally beats ANY fast food breakfast sandwish I have ever gotten!"  I snapped a few other pics, because last night I did not have my good camera with me.



Today was a super busy day.  I left the house at 7 a.m. and got home at 8:05 p.m. 

So now I am relaxing, unwinding a bit with one of my new favorite things... NUTELLA!


I am wondering how it is possible that I was 32 before I ever tried this wonderful stuff.  I swear, you can put it on anything and it will taste like heaven.  I just snacked on a piece of Round bread (what else?) with Nutella... so delicious.  If you have never tried it (which I am SURE you have) then you should.  It's a rich, chocolatey, hazelnutty spread.  I remember Giada de Laurentiis using Nutella a lot, and I always thought-- YUCK!  Chocolate spread over toast?  But I was wrong.  What a treat.  I think I am going to use this to create a new dessert sometime soon.  But honestly, I think I could just eat the whole jar off a spoon and be perfectly happy.

My only criticism-- and this is more my own issue than Nutella's-- is that as soon as I eat it, I have to have something salty.  I just had to go get a pickled okra out of the fridge as I was typing this because my mouth was screaming for something salty!  Is anyone else out there like me?  Or am I just weird?

This post is going to be short and sweet like Nutella.  Goodnight everyone!  Hope your Hump Day was awesome. 

3 comments:

  1. Have to try the muffins and going to buy the nutella (never heard of it before, but if it is chocolate, I will love it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two words for you: pretzel sticks. Keeps the kids happy, keeps mama happy, keeps the Nutella happy. And it will take care of your need for the salty.

    I can't wait to make the breakfast cups. I made a similar one a few years ago, but it was very involved (there were sautéed mushrooms). This looks easier and yummier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh... pretzel sticks! Great idea!

    The muffins really are EASY. You can also buy real bacon crumbles and bypass the bacon cooking-- more expensive, but a time saver!

    Becky, you will LOVE Nutella. And I really love the muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!