Saturday, October 30, 2010

Boo Ha Ha... Booooo...

You want to see the hair, right?  Here's a pic...



I also went for a little different cut.  It's pretty short in the back and longer in the front.  It's taking some getting used to, but I like it.  I like doing something different when the seasons change.  I used to say that I was "going dark for the winter."  When I got to the salon last night, I really wasn't sure what I wanted, so I just said, "I don't know what I want.  What do YOU think I should do?" 

So tonight, we were heading downtown for the City of Rock Hill's Boo Ha Ha.  It is supposed to be "a safe alternative to neighborhood trick-or treating."  Basically lots of vendors hand out candy to the kids and there is music and inflatables.  I was pretty excited to take Sadie.  I knew she would love seeing all the other kids in costume and that she'd have fun getting candy.  We still planned to Trick or Treat tomorrow, but I thought this would be fun, too.


We were pretty disappointed.  What a mob!  I should have taken pictures so you could see the masses of people.  When we got there, it took us a while to figure out where the line started for trick-or-treating.  Once we figured that out and got in line, we quickly realized that we were not going anywhere.  For a while.  We stood in line for 5-10 minutes and never saw anyone move.  Who wants to trick or treat THAT way?  We ended up walking around to quickly realize that there wasn't much to do if you didn't want to wait in the hour-long line. 

Oh well... live and learn.  At least Sadie got to dress up one extra night.  She was pretty cute in her little witch outfit. 


So then we headed home and made it up to our disappointed child... with spaghetti and meatballs!  That made it all better!




And the cupcakes helped, too.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!