Monday, October 4, 2010

Grown-Up Chicken Noodle Soup

So, if you read my blog, then you know we've been in "soup mode" for the past few days.  Something about the weather getting colder makes me want to cook lots of soup!  Tonight's soup is called "Grown-Up Chicken Noodle Soup."  It's got lots of veggies and big, thick whole-wheat noodles.  It's hearty enough to eat by itself, but you can also add some honey butter-glazed rolls, just because they are delicious. 

Click here for the recipe for "Grown Up Chicken Noodle Soup."

For the rolls, I used reduced-fat crescent rolls.  While they baked in the oven, I mixed 2 Tbsp. of melted butter with about 1 tsp of orange blossom honey.  Then I just drizzled over the freshly-baked rolls.  Ummmmm... it was like eating a doughnut.  I dare you to try and just eat one.  You can't do it!

One other food tip...

Today I tried a new Smart Ones Microwave Lunch: Pasta with Riccotta and Spinach. 

I've been eating them for years, so rarely do I see one I haven't tried, but this one was new!  And O.M.G... it was so good!  I love riccotta cheese AND spinach, so this was perfect!  I highly recommend it!



A little preview... tomorrow we are having leftovers... but I am making a vegetable that I don't think I have ever tried... butternut squash!  I've eaten yellow, zucchini, and spaghetti squash, but if I have eaten butternut, then I don't remember it.  So stay tuned for another EASY recipe for baked butternut squash, courtesy of Southern Living!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!