Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cruise Day 3: Beach Paradise

I don’t know about you, but right now, I am wishing I was back here:

IMG_0785

If you are just catching up on the cruise details, you can click below to read my two previous posts:

Sunday was our third cruise day.  When we woke up, it was looking kind of dreary outside our window, so we weren’t sure what might happen with our beach day.  So I decided to start the day at the on-board spa. 

IMG_0777

I wasn’t actually planning on spending time in the spa on  this trip, but I am really glad I did.  I went with a little package that included:

  • massage
  • mini facial
  • scalp massage
  • foot and ankle massage

It was so nice to start the day this way.  I felt a little guilty being in the spa since the husband wasn’t getting to enjoy it, too… but it was sooooo relaxing.  I especially enjoyed the scalp massage and the foot and ankle massage. 

Then it was time to head to Coco Cay, the cruise line’s private island.  Luckily, as soon as we arrived, the clouds drifted off and it turned out to be a PERFECT day!

IMG_0805

IMG_0781 

IMG_0786

Our whole group got chairs together on the beach and spent the most of the day like this:

IMG_0788

The husband was especially excited about the beautiful weather.

IMG_0793

Here’s a shot I took of the private island, Coco Cay.  It’s so small!  But full of beautiful places that you can lie and enjoy the sand and sun.  (Funny tidbit… Ryan and I actually spent part of our honeymoon here!  We went on a cruise to the Bahamas and this was one of the stops.  It was fun to return.)

IMG_0809

Later our group posed for a group shot.  We have a fabulous group of friends who went on this trip with us.  It was such a fun weekend away.  I haven’t mentioned this before, but we were actually on a Marriage Retreat with friends from church.  We had lots of interesting things to talk about and learned a lot about ourselves as well as others!  :)

IMG_0813

It was nice to spend the weekend with my sweet husband.  We missed our little Sadie, but it’s nice to have an adult vacation.

IMG_0816

And it’s always nice to go anywhere with unlimited desserts.

IMG_0820

2 comments:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!