Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It Ain’t Always Pretty

Happy Tuesday!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  I’ve noticed that my blogging has fallen off a bit lately.  I feel like this might be one of the busiest times of my life thus far.  I am finding that a lot of nights I am getting home around 8:00 p.m., which isn’t that late in the grand scheme of things… but when you get up at 5:45 a.m., that’s a late night.  Yeah, that’s what happens, people.  One day you’re in college and you don’t even leave your dorm room to go out until close to midnight.  And a few years later, you’re tired because you get home after 8 p.m. 

And what I have found is that when I have days like these, cooking doesn’t always happen.  Sometimes I get take-out.  Sometimes, I grab whatever convenience food is in the pantry or fridge.  Usually, I don’t show you those kinds of meals because I think, “Who wants to read that?”  But then again, this blog is about my life.  And people, it ain’t always pretty.

IMG_1038

Like tonight… now this is a random assortment of foods if I ever saw one.  Sliced avocado, broccoli with cheese sauce (Green Giant Just for One) and Pita Pizza. 

IMG_1037

These Pita Pizzas are a great option when you are tired and don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking.  They only have a few ingredients. 

It’s very simple.  Start with a pita.  Add sauce.  Add cheese and toppings.  And bake at 375 for 10 minutes. 

These pizzas have saved me more than a few times.  I use whole wheat pitas, 2% mozzarella cheese, and turkey pepperoni, so they won’t break your healthy-eating habits, either. 

And now… if you’ll excuse me… this cupcake is waiting.

IMG_1042

Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!