Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coins, a Goat, and Dancing!

I’ve been dropping hints the past few days about a goat I posted late Friday night.  Did you guess how those three things (coins, a goat, and dancing) fit together?

Trust me, they DO fit together. 

Last week, we had a special fundraiser at my school.  We held a “Penny War” to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  Have you ever participated in a Penny War?  My high school used to do one every year.  Here’s how it works:

pennies and paper money=positive points (1 penny=1 point, 1 dollar=100 points)

silver change=negative points (ex: 1 nickel=5 NEGATIVE points)

IMG_1054

IMG_1055

The students worked really hard to bring in lots of change… in just 4 days, they brought in over $550!  Isn’t that amazing?  They did have a little motivation… I promised them that one of their administrators would kiss a goat on TV if their grade won! 

IMG_1056

IMG_1059

IMG_1060

Yes, this goat provided lots of motivation.  After school on Thursday, we witnessed a smooch between my principal and this (cute?) goat. 

Keith Kissing Goat

So… what does all this have to do with dancing?

IMG_1101

Well, the dance-fitness company that I work for was doing a huge Fundraiser benefitting Susan G. Komen also.  We hosted 3 Zumbathons in one day.  I was able to help with one in Uptown Charlotte at a local dance club/bar.

IMG_1102

IMG_1103

IMG_1104

We had an amazing turnout!  Even my two sisters came to dance with me! 

IMG_1105

Adrienne and Meredith 

 IMG_1106

Adrienne and Moi

 IMG_1107

Me and Meredith 

IMG_1108

Diana, Me, and Sarah (fellow instructors)

Our fundraising goal was $10,000, and we actually exceeded it!  How amazing is that???  This money will go help to educate people about breast cancer, help provide preventative care, fund medical research, and even help people receive treatments.  What a great cause!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!