Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sumter Engagement Party

Hello, friends!   I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!  Ours has been off to a great start.  If you saw my post late last night, you might be wondering why there was a picture of a goat!  Well, I promise that details are coming about the goat.  But you’ll have to wait for another post coming very soon.  ;) 

I’d like to tell you about a wonderful engagement party we attended last night, in honor of my sister Adrienne and her fiance, Paul!

IMG_1075

Adrienne and Paul are getting closer and closer to their wedding day!  I am so excited for them!  I know they are excited.  It has been so much fun to celebrate them.  Last night’s party was at a pavilion in Sumter.

IMG_1070

It was decorated beautifully—with lots of candles, tiki torches, and autumn-colored flowers.

IMG_1071

IMG_1079

AND they had live music!  Such a fun touch.

IMG_1072

There were some delicious appetizers: a hummus and veggie dip, cheese tray, and strawberry jelly/cheese ring.

IMG_1076

IMG_1078

IMG_1080

The dinner was wonderful: barbecue, an Asian salad, beans, and slaw. 

IMG_1081

IMG_1083

IMG_1082 

I would never have thought about pairing the Asian salad with barbecue, but it was a perfect combo.  The salad was my favorite part!  It had bok choy, bacon, ramen noodles, and a delicious dressing which I think had sesame oil, rice vinegar, and maybe some sugar?  I will have to recreate it.

It was so much fun to spend time with family and celebrate together!

IMG_1084

IMG_1085

IMG_1086

Coming soon:

  • Birthday Brunch
  • The story of The Goat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!