Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oktober and Football

We really are in the heart of fall.  I love this time of year.  I love the weather, the events, and the way fall just builds from one holiday to the next… Halloween… Thanksgiving… Christmas!  (And for my family we have a wedding to look forward to, too!)

This weekend, I have been getting back to my German roots.  I’ve been to two Oktoberfest celebrations!  Last night, I went to Oktober fest with some friends. 

IMG_0979

IMG_0982

IMG_0985

There was lots of dancing, food, music, and fun!

IMG_0983

IMG_0984

IMG_0980

I enjoyed a brat with sauerkraut, German potato salad, and beer!  Yum!  I had fun, but couldn’t stay out late.  I was so tired from the week.  I have been under the weather all week.  I couldn’t miss work or my Zumba classes, so I powered through, but it has been a rough week!  I headed home and fell asleep quickly!

Today, we spent time with friends!  Our friends Kevin and Alice invited us over to watch the Carolina Gamecocks play football. 

IMG_0986

IMG_0988

We had a fun day watching football while all the kids played together.  I can’t believe I didn’t take any food pictures because there was a lot of great food!  I even made deviled eggs this morning.  Our kitchen smelled really nice! 

Afterwards, we headed out to another more local Oktoberfest downtown.  The kids enjoyed the children’s area.   (Ryan did, too!)

IMG_0994

IMG_1012

IMG_1013

IMG_0998

Sadie had her face painted and even got a balloon mermaid!

IMG_1004

IMG_1005 IMG_1006

IMG_1009 IMG_1011

IMG_1014

There was music and food, but we really enjoyed watching the Weenie Dog Races!

IMG_1020

IMG_1021

IMG_1022

IMG_1017

These were so funny and cute.  Most of the dogs really weren’t born “racers.”  Every time they said “Go!” the dogs mostly ran in circles or tried to hide from all the people cheering and watching.  But a few were fast!

We finished the day at Panera… black bean soup and chopped chicken cobb salad for me. 

IMG_1023

Whew!  I’m tired!  I think I’ll snuggle on the couch with my little pup. 

IMG_1027

I wish we could enter her in a dog race.  You wouldn’t believe how fast she is!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a fun & busy weekend! Boy I sure have a cute niece! And Baylee looks cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!