Sunday, October 23, 2011

Family Brunch at Di Prato’s

It’s Sunday, friends!  I’m so excited to say that we have NO plans after church today.  I am so looking forward to spending the day at home with the husband and the munchkin.  There is grass to cut and laundry to wash, and there are floors to vacuum but I am so excited about a full day at home that I don’t even mind.

Yesterday morning, I had the most amazing brunch with my family at Di Prato’s in Columbia, SC.   Have you eaten there?  If you are one of my local readers, I know many of you have.  If you’re an out-of-town reader, then I hope you enjoy the visual!

IMG_1087

I haven’t been to Di Prato’s in years.  I was looking forward to brunch.  I was also looking forward to celebrating my mom’s birthday!

IMG_1088

As soon as we walked in, I saw this:

IMG_1089

Yes.  Pimento Cheese.  This is one of my very favorite foods.  I am a very picky pimento cheese person.  I only like the best, and Di Prato’s did not disappoint.  The Vermont White Pimento Cheese was amazing.  So amazing that we got our own little bowl for the table.  These pita chips were also to-die-for.  They were soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.  Perfect with the cheese. 

IMG_1093

IMG_1094

 

I decided on the Eggs Charleston.

IMG_1092

It was delicious:

IMG_1098

IMG_1099

eggs cooked perfectly.  :)

I couldn’t finish it all—I mean look at all the food!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

IMG_1096

Next up on the blog: I’m ready to tell you all about the goat.  In fact, I have a post to write that includes three unusual things… but they all do fit together!  The story includes: coins… a goat… and dancing!  Any guesses???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!