Monday, October 3, 2011

I’m on a Boat!

If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook (and if you don’t, then you can fix that very easily!), then you know I have been dropping a few hints that I am going somewhere this weekend.  I planned to do a post Thursday night before we left to give a few hints, but we were so busy that I didn’t have a spare second! 

So… guess what?  Friday, we hopped on an airplane…

IMG_0701

IMG_0703

(I almost always have a Bloody Mary at the airport, but it was WAY too rushed for that.  So I opted to have mine mid-flight.)

IMG_0709

…and headed down to Florida!

IMG_0711

And on Friday night, we found ourselves on a boat!  A pretty big boat.  That’s right, the husband and I are on a cruise with about 20 other friends!

IMG_0719

IMG_0720

Have you ever been on a cruise?  This is number 4 for me, although I have only done short (3-4 nights) cruises.  It’s always a lot of fun, but it is especially a lot of fun with a big group of friends.

We have enjoyed some delicious food so far, but we are trying not to completely overdo it.  You’ve probably heard people say that you could gain 5 pounds on a cruise and that is definitely true. 

IMG_0707 

Lunch on arrival day: salad, sauteed sgreen beans, pasta with tomatoes and basil (and there was a slice of veggie pizza not pictured)

This was a buffet-style lunch.  There were loads of options, but I tried to stay a little on the light side—because I knew there would be a big dinner!

 

Then we had some time to explore the ship and catch up with friends.

IMG_0706

IMG_0713

IMG_0722

IMG_0723

IMG_0725

IMG_0726

Dinner was delicious and fun.

IMG_0728

IMG_0727 

IMG_0730

IMG_0736

Followed by late-night fun… stay tuned for more cruise details!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I'm ready for a vacation like that, too! Can't wait to hear & see more from the blog posts soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!