Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lunch at Eli’s Table in Downtown Charleston

So… as you know… I have been busy celebrating my sister at her fabulous Bachelorette Weekend!  I just got home a few hours ago and I am absolutely exhausted.  Here are my bedtimes for the past 3 nights: 2:30 a.m., 2:40 a.m., and 4:30 a.m.  Can you say… sleep-deprived??? 

But in the end, even though I am tired… it was all worth it.  It was so much fun surprising my sister.  You may have read about some of the surprises in my last post!  But there were more.  And even though I want to tell you all the details about all the crazy fun… what happens on a Bachelorette Weekend STAYS on the Bachelorette Weekend.  ;) 

Sorry to tease you.  How about if I make it up by showing you a delicious lunch?

This weekend, we were lucky to have some time to go downtown in Charleston for a quick girls lunch.

We posed for a few pics in front of the Market. 

IMG_1177

IMG_1179

We were actually headed to eat at Joseph’s, but when we got there, we found that it had changed to Eli’s Table!  We thought the menu looked perfect for a light lunch.  Luckily we made it just in time, before they stopped serving lunch.

IMG_1198

IMG_1199

IMG_1180

IMG_1181

IMG_1182

IMG_1183

It was so hard to decide what to order!  Everything sounded great—and I liked how all the menu items were named after historical people.  Like Dolly Madison.  I had the Winfield Scott!  He was a commanding general in the US Army during the 1800’s.  And by the way—Eli’s has a cheat sheet on the table in case you’re like me and don’t know who Winfield Scott is.    We started with fried green tomatoes (which I forgot to photograph!)  They were delicious!  If you’ve never tried fried green tomatoes, you MUST try them.  They are so delicious.

I decided on a crab-veggie soup (sounds weird but it was so good!) and half a chicken salad sandwich.  I loved this chicken salad!  Charleston Chicken Salad is different than the mayo-based chicken salad you usually see.  It’s more savory and has such good flavor. 

IMG_1184

IMG_1185

IMG_1186

Then the chef surprised us with the daily featured salad!  It had grilled shrimp and grilled peaches, arugula (I think), gorgonzola cheese, and pecans.  We all taste-tested it and it was delicious.  The peaches were absolutely amazing: sweet and savory at the same time and i think grilling them brought out the flavor.

IMG_1187

IMG_1188

If you’re in downtown Charleston, be sure to check out Eli’s Table!  The chef, wait staff, and everyone there were so friendly and attentive!

So this is where I leave you when it comes to Bachelorette Weekend details.  You’ll have to use your imagination.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What great Bachelorette Weekend posts! And what an amazingly fun weekend to celebrate Adrienne along with family and friends!! Great planning, sis! On to the next event...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best Bachelorette weekend ever. I have the best cousins ever, although you guys have a little OCD, lol. But how great to be part of an awesome surprise for Adrienne. See y'all in a few weeks for the big day. Now I have to get shopping for a dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!