Friday, June 10, 2011

Say YES to the Dress + Pasta Preview

TGIF, Friends!  This is kind-of funny to say, because every day is pretty much a Saturday for a teacher in the summer months.  Ryan and I are really enjoying our vacation time. 

100_8211

This would be one of the perks of being a teacher.  We don’t have great salaries, and we keep getting slammed by our legislators with budget cut after budget cut… but at least we still have summertime.

So… I have fun news…

remember how I told you that my sister Adrienne got engaged to her boyfriend Paul

It’s such a cute story… she’s a first grade teacher and he proposed to her at school.  In a room full of first graders.  Now that takes guts.  Have you ever BEEN in a room full of first graders?  It’s no joke.  You never know WHAT they will do or say! 

Trying to imagine what a proposal in a first grade classroom might look like?  Here’s a cute video that will give you a visual of the proposal.  You must watch it. 

Miss W., Will You Marry Me?

How cute was that???

Well… big news… Adrienne has found her wedding dress! 

I’m so excited for her and I am so glad she found “the one.”  (The Boy AND the Dress!)  We all had a toast to celebrate!

100_1563

100_1566

100_1567

Cheers!

And then we picked out bridesmaid dresses AND a Mother-of-the-Bride dress.  No pictures… you’ll have to wait till December to see what all the dresses look like!

So… I would like to leave you with a little preview of a pasta salad I made tonight.  It was inspired by something I found yesterday in My other sister Meredith’s fridge. 

100_8218

100_8227

It’s creamy, tangy, and has a manly ingredient.  Can you guess what the “manly ingredient” is?  Check back tomorrow for details and the recipe!!!

3 comments:

  1. Liz, I really enjoy your blog, so I will post to make you happy! Dora has said yes to a dress as well (not to mention saying yes to an awesome guy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding lots of pretty dresses that day. So much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!