Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sun, Margaritas, and Barbecue

Today was our first full day at the beach.  The weather was perfect and we enjoyed lots of great eats and drinks!

There was lots of beach time today.  It was sunny and breezy, and the water was the perfect temperature.

100_8353

100_8345

100_8349

Sadie, Ryan, Adrienne, and I walked down to a pier nearby and enjoyed the view from underneath.

100_8338

100_8339

And take a look at the message someone left…

100_8340

100_8341

100_8342

“Do Good.  Help Others.” 

100_8344

Soon it was margarita time. 

100_8354

100_8356

I promised you Jason’s recipe for the perfect margarita, and here it is!  Jason is my friend Jenn’s husband and he is also our bartender each Monday night for “Margarita Monday.”  He makes great Margaritas, but he said I could share the recipe with you!

Jason’s Perfect Margaritas

  • 2 oz. Triple Sec
  • 4 oz. Lime Tequila (We used Margaritaville)
  • 4 oz. Pineapple Run (We used Parrot Bay)
  • 4 oz. Margarita Mix (liquid, not frozen)
  • 4 oz. Orange Juice

Combine all in a blender, fill with ice, and blend.  Enjoy in the sun, preferably by a pool!

On to dinner…

When we go to the beach, part of the fun is the food.  We all take turns cooking dinner each night.  Tonight was my parents’ night.  They decided on pulled pork with baked beans, potato salad, watermelon, and veggies.  A perfect summer dinner!

100_8359

100_8360

The pulled pork was such a hit.  It was delicious and had so much smoky flavor!  We were lucky that my sister had given my dad a set of sauces from Blue Moon Sauces and Seasonings.  Blue Moon Sauces are made in Spartanburg, SC.  I love finding local gems! 

100_8362

100_8363

We used both the Cajun Red sauce and the Yeller Dog sauce.  Both were delicious!  The Cajun Red had a little kick to it, which I loved.  The yeller Dog sauce was a mustard-based sauce that was a little sweet and sour at the same time.  Very tangy and delicious!  Blue Moon has lots of different sauces and also seasonings that can be shaken or rubbed into meat.  My sister Meredith is slightly obsessed with the Yep Shake!  Be sure to check them out by clicking here.  They are sold in local stores, but you can also order online!

Ok… now a game of Apples to Apples awaits…

1 comment:

  1. Janet and I are coming for lunch! - Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!