Sunday, June 19, 2011

Best-Laid Plans…

I was really excited about yesterday.  I had big plans to perform with Queen City DanceOut at the Charlotte Knights Baseball Game.  We were planning to do a quick 5-minute demo at the end of the game, just before the fireworks show.  I had my outfit ready, complete with cute baseball socks.  Leenie and Poppy even came to watch.  And then….

Rain.

Just like that, best-laid plans foiled.

It’s not all bad.  We’re still going to do the demo on another night this summer.  But I was a little disappointed.

So instead, Leenie, Poppy, Sadie, Ryan, and I headed to the Steele Creek area for some dinner. 

100_8289

100_8291   

100_8288

We decided on B.T.’s Burgers.  All of us really enjoyed our meals.  I had a cheeseburger with pepperjack cheese, chili, and other fixins.  Ryan and I shared fries. 

100_8293

100_8292

100_8295

Everything was yum.  And oddly enough… the weather was really nice.  Cooler than usual and breezy.  It felt a little like being at the beach!

So… best laid plans were foiled by the weather.  But it turned out to be a great night anyway!

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there!  Especially my wonderful Dad, my wonderful father-in-law, and especially my wonderful husband! Check back later to hear about our father’s day activities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!