Monday, June 27, 2011

The Fastest Melting Ice Cream in the Universe

Greetings from the beach!  We had another day of beautiful weather.

100_8372

100_8373

We had a little scare around 4 p.m. when a dark cloud and thunder threatened us… but it moved on and we enjoyed the rest of our afternoon!

After some beach and pool time, Ryan, Sadie, and I took a ride in the golf cart. We headed out to the pier to take a look at the ocean, enjoy some ice cream, and watch the fishermen.

100_8366

100_8370

100_8371

The breeze on the pier felt so good!  I always like looking down at the ocean, trying to see fish.  I’m always a little scared to see what’s in the water.  Today I didn’t see anything.  ;)

We had to get ice cream, too.  Can I tell you that this was the fastest-melting ice cream in the universe???  We bought the ice cream in the shop, walked out the door, and suddenly, it was melting, melting, melting!  You could NOT keep up with it!  It wasn’t that hot out… maybe it was the humidity?  Strange…  I got Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and it was delish.

100_8364

100_8365

Then we found a little park and we let the munchkin play for a little while.

100_8378

100_8379

100_8377

We had to head home and let Adrienne take her big puppy on a ride.  Mady LOVED riding in the golf cart.100_8381

We were in for a treat tonight.  It was David and Meredith’s night to cook, and they made Low Country Boil!  YUM!  Corn on the cob, potatoes, shrimp, crab claws, and sausage.  So good.  Perfect beach food.  Tomorrow night is our night to cook.  Can you guess what we’re making???

Finally, before I go, I want to tell you all about a book I am about to finish.  It’s Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper.  This is an adolescent book, but it is a wonderful book.  It’s one of the nominees for the South Carolina Children’s Book Award this year, and I think it’s going to be hard for any of the other 19 nominees to beat this book.  It’s about a girl who has Cerebral Palsy.  She can’t walk, speak, or feed herself, but she’s incredibly smart.  Can you imagine how frustrating that would be?  This is an amazing story that is truly inspirational.  It’s fiction… but it makes you think back to kids you remember from elementary school or middle school… and it makes you think about what school might have been like for them.  If you are looking for a GREAT read, you should check out this book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!