Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shrimp Tacos and Cilantro Rice

Happy Tuesday!  I hope all of you are having a great week so far.  Our week has been great… but that may have something to do with the fact that the Confessions family is on vacation  this week.  We’re enjoying the sun, water, and lots of good food.

Today was actually a really windy day, so we didn’t spend much time on the beach.  The sand was blowing all over us!  So instead we had a pool day and just relaxed, listened to music, and enjoyed the day. 

Tonight was our night to cook for the group.  We’ve been going back and forth about what to cook.  In the end, after some Google searching and reading a few food blogs, we decided on shrimp tacos and cilantro rice!

100_8392

This was a delicious meal!  I used this recipe for the shrimp tacos.  I made just a few changes.  First of all, I used turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.  I doubled the onions and shrimp, but I used medium shrimp and did not cut them in half.  I left out the cilantro since we were having cilantro rice and we used salsa with fresh salsa as a topping.  We also used flour tortillas.  These were so fresh and flavorful.  The chipotle peppers gave it just a little heat and the bacon added some nice salty flavor.  We topped our tacos with shredded cabbage and homemade salsa.

100_8387

100_8388

100_8389

The cilantro rice was a great side for these tacos and would be great for any Mexican or Tex-Mex meal.  This is a good alternative to beans (although I love beans too.)  I used this recipe for the rice.  I did not make any changes.  The pureed cilantro mixture was delicious on its own!  It reminded me of salsa verde.  I’ll definitely make that again!

100_8390

100_8391

So… now it’s time for some baseball-watching and maybe another game.  It’s looking like a Taboo night…

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing and perfect for summer! I saw a tweet with this recipe on twitter, got hooked by 'cilantro rice' and followed the link on over :-)
    I'm definitely going to make this some night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!