Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father’s Day Gatherings

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!  I was so lucky to spend the day with three dads who are all fabulous: My Dad, Ryan’s Dad, and of course Ryan!

This morning, we had breakfast with Leenie and Poppy at The Little Cafe.  This is one of our favorite local breakfast spots.  Super cheap and good food. 

100_8305

100_8303

100_8304

I decided on a breakfast sandwich (bacon, egg, cheese, and tomato) and hash browns. 

100_8309

100_8308

Then we ran a few errands together, and then came back to open gifts.  I gave the husband an 18-hole golf lesson!  He’s excited to have a pro take him out golfing and give him tips!  We had a fun day and it was sad to see them go.  BUT… Sadie and I had a fun kitchen project to work on… Cookie Dough Balls!  We used this recipe created by my friend Diana over at The Chic Life.  Then we created a cookie dough ball tower… another idea from Diana.  We finished up our tower just in time to take it over to Ryan’s parents’ house for dinner.

100_8302

100_8301

100_8300 

We had a fun evening with the family!

100_8297

I’m so lucky to have 3 great dads in my life… but I know this day is hard on many people out there who have said goodbye to their fathers.  To those people… you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a fun weekend! Can't wait to see you soon and is my niece excited about the beach!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the patembouche! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!