Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Happenings: Dancing, Doughnuts, and Pool Time

Happy Sunday to all of you!  We’re having a lazy Sunday morning.  I should be cleaning.  But I’m not.  Not yet, anyway.  I can’t put it off for long, ‘cause there isn’t one room in this house that is clean.  But since I am procrastinating, I thought I would do a picture-heavy post and show you what we’ve been up to!

Friday night I went to the Azucar festival in Charlotte.  This is a festival by the Latin-American Coalition and celebrates Caribbean culture and cuisine.  There was lots of dancing, drinks, and food!  I was there to perform with some fellow “dancing queens.”

100_1532

100_1533

100_1535

(Salsa dancing!)

100_1536

There was a lot of pool time on Saturday…

100_1540

 

100_1544

100_1545

100_1542

And finally, I must share some doughnuts with you.  You may have heard that Friday was National Doughnut Day.  Sadie and I observed this super-important holiday Friday morning with a trip to Dunkin Donuts.  (Every Friday is “Doughnut Day” for us.  We usually stop and get her a doughnut each Friday morning. ) Since I didn’t have to work until 10 a.m., we got to have a “girl’s breakfast” together.

100_8174

100_8169

100_8171

100_8172

(I always get the egg-white flatbread sandwich instead… this time it was the veggie egg-white sandwich.)

Oddly enough, my friend Jenn was celebrating Doughnut Day, too!  Last night I was catching up on some of my blog-reading and I read Jenn’s post about how to make homemade doughnuts.  I never knew it was so easy!  Since we already had all the ingredients, Sadie and I made them this morning.

100_8164

100_8166

100_8168

YUMMO!  They were delicious! You definitely need to head over to Jenn’s post and find out how to make them!

Okay… I guess it is time to stop procrastinating and get to work on this messy house.  Yeck.  Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend :) The festival looks awesome. And I love some good ole time in the sun. I have never made doughnuts before, but I totally want to get a doughnut mold so I can make the baked variety. Good luck with all of the cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had so much fun. Lovely photos. No such fun events here in the UK. No Dunkin Donuts either. So deprived.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!