Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorable Memorial Day Weekend

Oh my goodness.  I have such exciting news to share.  I have been waiting almost 2 weeks to share this news with you. 

On Friday, my sister Adrienne got up and went to work, not knowing it would be the most memorable day of her life to this point.  In the middle of the day, her boyfriend Paul surprised her by proposing to her!  I am telling you… it was like something out of a movie.  Her students held up signs that said, “Mrs. W, will you marry me?”  Of course, she said yes and was soooo excited!  I am so excited for them. 

We had a little celebration party for them on Friday night.

100_8056

Food and Champagne

100_8057

100_8058

Adrienne loves Skinnygirl Margaritas… so my other sister Meredith and her husband designed this cute label.

100_8059

100_8060

100_8061

100_8063

Adrienne’s reaction at her little surprise celebration… she didn’t know Ryan, Sadie, and I would be there… or my parents!

100_8066

I cannot wait to see when and where they decide to get married.  I can’t believe my youngest sister will be married soon! 

100_6757

Don’t they make a cute couple? 

So everything else about this weekend seems kind of boring now.  But… memorial Day weekend always brings the opening of pools everywhere… so that’s where we spent our day today. 

100_8119

100_8114

100_8117

100_8118

(ok… just me being weird.  But it’s so cute how little girls walk around with “baby wedgies” isn’t it?)

Last summer, it took Sadie about 1 1/2 months to get up enough courage to go down this blue slide, but today she ran right up the steps and went right down!  She played for 3 hours straight… and I mean NON stop.  She cried when it was time to leave.  I remember how going to the pool was the absolute best thing in the world.  I still kind of feel that way!  Summer is so much fun.

Tonight we decided to have breakfast for dinner.  Sadie helped me prepare this meal. 

100_8120

She loves helping in the kitchen.  I think it’s so important to get kids involved in the kitchen.  Once I saw an episode of a show with Jamie Oliver, a chef.  I think it was called “Food Revolution.”  He was in a town that had a very high level of obesity, diabetes, etc.  He was in a school and was holding up different fruits and veggies, and asking the kids if they knew what each one was.  I will never forget that episode.  I couldn’t believe the kids couldn’t identify things like potatoes, cucumbers… how sad.  It was mainly because they had never seen those foods being prepared or in their natural state.

Speaking of natural… I’m so excited.  I’ve got a loaf of bread baking right now and this house smells heavenly.  I always wanted a bread machine, and a few weeks ago, I found one in my grandparents’ basement.  I brought it home to try it out.  This is my first bread recipe.  I can’t wait to taste it!

Ok… so a little teaser.  I’ve got a summer blog project that I think I will really enjoy… and I hope you will too.  The project will be revealed tomorrow… but here’s a little preview photo. 

100_8073

Can you guess my summer blog project???  Leave a comment if you think you know! 

2 comments:

  1. hmmm....trying out old family recipes??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet surprise. I love the "Skinny Bride" margarita. So cute and creative. Looks like the kids had a blast at the water park.

    My guess is that your summer project is going through your grandma's recipes and making healthier versions? or maybe putting them all into a book or album?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!