Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Class Celebration and Cinco de May “Shame?”

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Did you go out for fun Mexican fare (i.e. Margaritas and Coronas)? 

Tonight was a special night for me because I had a new class celebration for my new Zumba class!  Yay!  It was such a fun class!  I’m already excited about next week.  Can you believe I forgot to take any pictures???  Whoops!  However, I think it MIGHT be showing up on TV soon!  Our local station came out to film a little and are possibly going to do a story on it!  Yikes!  I am nervous about seeing myself on camera teaching Zumba! 

After class, I thought about what I might have for Cinco de Mayo dinner.  I was on my own because hubby and Sadie were having dinner with his parents.  So I decided on…

IMG00088-20110505-2032

umm…yes… I went to Taco Bell on Cinco de Mayo.  Those of you who know me well or have been reading for a while know that I have a special relationship with Taco Bell.  I don’t eat a lot of fast food, but I have a special place in my heart for TB’s Fresco tacos. 

100_1503

100_1502

I would say it was my Cinco de Mayo shame… but I am just going to celebrate it.  Ole!

So today was a great day… but it is also bittersweet.  Many of you know that I lost my two wonderful grandparents this spring.  Today would have been their 66th wedding anniversary. 

 100_0769

Memama and Grindaddy with Sadie, one year ago

100_0764

Anniversary Cake, one year ago

Several times today, I’ve thought back to this time last year when we celebrated their 65th anniversary.  I can celebrate the fact that they are together now.  But today, I am missing them both so much. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the success of your first big Zumba (instruction) class! I'm sure it was fun. I too had some very sentimental thoughts yestereday (and today) knowing that it would've been Mem & Grin's 66th wedding anniversary and that just one year ago this weekend we were all together celebrating them...and here we are one year later missing them and holding them close in our hearts. Out of all the sadness this spring, my happiness for them lies in the fact that they were able to toast each other (together) on their anniversary this year again...I'm glad they were together on this day...and you know, I'd like to think that wherever they are...they were having a cocktail in honor of Cinco de Mayo and 66 years of love together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!