Sunday, May 8, 2011

Siete de Mayo

Remember my pathetic dinner from Cinco de Mayo???

I had to redeem myself.  On  Saturday night, the fam decided to go out for Mexican fare.  My sister Adrienne and I have said many times that we think we could eat Mexican food every night and never get tired of it.  Last night we tried out a new place close to my parents’ house: Compadres on N. Pleasantburg.  If you are in the Greenville area, you’ve got to check this place out!

We started with (what else) chips and salsa.  I know these are a huge healthy-eating fail, but I just cannot turn them down.  I love chips and salsa. 

100_7878

Our waiter even brought us some complimentary appetizers for the table!  Bean Dip-- hooray!

100_7879

I decided on a combo plate: enchilada, chili relleno, rice, and beans.  (Oh, and a Corona Light—my fave!)

100_7882

Our waiter was wonderful.  Everything was super-quick, and he was very attentive!  Be sure to check them out!

 

Stay tuned for my last Mother’s Day Weekend post… where you will find the answer to this question:

Can anyone guess what Ryan got me for Mother’s Day???  Here are some hints…

-- it is something I really wanted

-- it’s perfect for me

-- it came in this box!

100_7903

Any guesses?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!