Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Best Mother’s Day Gift!!!

So… did you guess my Mother’s Day gift?  I DID!  It actually arrived on Tuesday last week, and as soon as I saw the box from Amazon, I had an idea of what was inside.  On Thursday night, I started asking questions and Ryan said, “Ok.  If you can guess what it is, then I’ll let you open it early.” 

I said, “I think it’s a Kindle…”

And his face said it all.  I was right.

I’ve been interested in getting a Kindle for a couple of years because I LOVE to read and I am usually lugging around a ton of books, so I was super excited to finally own one! 

100_1506

100_1507

100_1510

I bought my first book on Friday: Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffen.  She is one of my favorite authors.  She writes what I guess would be considered “chick lit,” but her books are much deeper than the average chick lit.  I am excited to see “Something Borrowed” because that movie was based on one of her books.  Heart of the Matter did not disappoint.  It was INTENSE.  I finished it on Sunday. 

Now I have moved on to Water for Elephants.  I’ve heard so much about it that I have really been wanting to read it before seeing the movie.

I thought it would be hard to get used to reading on the Kindle, but it wasn’t at all!  I can’t wait to take it to the beach.  I love that you can order samples of books and try a few chapters before you buy.  And I am really excited to learn how to share books with other Kindle users.  My friend Kati has one, too… and we have always been good “book-swappers.”  We have a similar taste in books.

So… I have to give Ryan serious props… he did a great job with the Mother’s Day gift!  I heart you, husband!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!