Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An “Out of this World” Day

Happy Hump Day to all my reader-friends!!!  Thank you so much for visiting tonight!  I’m going to go back in time tonight… I’d like to tell you about my “Out-of-this-World” day on Monday.

I was really excited to get to school on Monday morning because it was shuttle launch day!  Did any of you watch the launch?  I streamed the video live on my computer from the NASA web site…

100_7993

100_7994

100_7992

…but when it was time for the actual “blast-off,” I ran down the hall to watch it with one of the science classes at my school.  It was really cool to be able to watch it live. 

100_7971

100_7972

100_7973

It really made me think back to my second grade class and how we watched the Challenger take off.  The excitement was HUGE because Christa McAuliffe, a teacher, was going to do a live broadcast from outer space.  What a terrible tragedy. 

So… something else big happened on Monday, too.  Every so often, I submit a food photo to Food Gawkers, a website that features photos taken by food bloggers.  Usually, I get a rejection.  My main issues were usually due to poor lighting, and you may remember that I built a lightbox to help with that

100_7609

Well, on Monday morning, I woke up and checked my email and found that… one of my photos was accepted!  I was thrilled.  All day  long, my photo was featured on the Food Gawker site.

Liz on Food Gawker

Here’s my photo that was accepted:

100_7926

“Noodle Bowl”

I really must give the credit to my friend Diana, because she’s the one who got me started making these Noodle Bowls!

Ok, friends… I hope you’re all having a fantastic week!  I’ve got another post coming soon… because we made a return visit to Amici Italian Lovin’ Oven tonight and it was delish!  Stay tuned to see what I got this time!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It's such a great feeling when you finally get your first photo accepted to one of those web sites. It can be tricky!! Glad you're still enjoying the noodle bowls! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!