Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crispy Mini Margherita Pizzas

Sometimes you just need a pizza fix, you know?  I have a love-hate relationship with pizza.  I love pizza.  But I hate that it’s so fattening.  So… what’s a girl (or guy—we’re equal opportunity here at Confessions of a Former Couch Potato) to do?

Friends, I have got your answer: Crispy Mini Pizzas… Crispy Mini Margherita Pizzas, to be exact.

100_8022

Doesn’t that look delicious?  I promise, it’s light, crispy, and a delicious blend of flavors.  Oh, and did I mention that it takes about 5 minutes to make? 

100_8018

Ingredients:

  • small tortillas (I used Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas—they are only 80 calories!)
  • roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
  • 1/2 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella
  • 3-4 large fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
  • cooking spray

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.  Lay tortillas on the baking sheet.  Bake for about 3 minutes, just until the crisp up a little.  Remove from oven.  Spread a light layer of cheese over both tortillas.  Then lay tomato slices and basil on top.  Top with the rest of the cheese.  Pop them back in the oven for 2-3 more minutes, just until the cheese melts. 

These will be crispy and light, and oh-so-delicious. 

100_8020

So there you go… pizza without the guilt!  Dare I even say they are GOOD for you???

You’re welcome.

Now… on to some related news… another one of my photos was published today!  This time it was published on the Tastespotting web site

image

See that photo on the left?  It’s my Margherita Chicken Pasta Salad! 

OK… hope you all are having a wonderful week!  The husband and I have special plans tomorrow night… it’s date night!  I can’t wait to tell you about it.  I know it’s gonna be good… and it involves delicious food! 

1 comment:

  1. nice i tried it and I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!