Sunday, May 1, 2011

National Dance Day!

Happy Sunday!  Did you know that yesterday was National Dance Day?  Did you celebrate it?

I got up and went to Zumba with Katie.  I’ve mentioned Katie on here several times… because she is one of the main people who inspired me to be a Zumba instructor!  It’s been a while since I was able to rock it out with Katie on Saturday morning.  I was glad to be back for a morning!

Sadie and I spent a semi-lazy “Girls' Day” while Ryan played golf.  We hit up a few stores so Sadie could pick out an Easter present with some money she got from her Leenie and Poppy, and then we went to Books a Million so she could pick out a new book.  She decided to use her Easter money to get Snow White. 

100_7792

Then it was time for a night on the town with a few friends!  A big group of Zumba enthusiasts had an Uptown Takeover!  We hit up several local spots to do some dancing.  My favorite spot?  A Latin Club called El Torres!  It was amazing to watch all of the dancing.  I love doing Salsa in classes, but it’s so cool to see people do it “for real” with a partner, when they really know what they are doing.  One big difference between the regular clubs and El Torres was how in the Latin club, almost everyone on the dance floor had a partner.  In other clubs, you usually see big groups of people dancing together and lots of girls in groups.  But at El Torres, it was more traditional—partners.  I love to see men dancing like that.  Dancing is not just for chicks!

It was a great night of fun. 

bar crawl 3

bar crawl 1

bar crawl 2

I got home late, so Ryan let me sleep in while he took Sadie to church.  Sweet Hubby.  (And poor hubby waited up for me last night, just to be sweet.  he was tired today, too.)

Today I met my friend Angie at Starbucks.  She’s going to be helping me with my new Zumba class that starts this week… Thursday to be exact!  YAY!  I am so excited!  We were going over some things for class.  I decided I had to sample one of their Red Velvet Whoopie Pies.

100_7790

Um… yum.  Loved it.  And I had a Passion Tea Lemonade.  Also delish.

Now Sadie and I are watching Snow White together. 

100_7799

We’re trying to soak up the last few hours of the weekend.

I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!