Thursday, November 4, 2010

Well, it just isn't a cooking week around here...

I've had high hopes for cooking this week and having a recipe to post, but it just isn't working out.  I have this poor spaghetti squash sitting on my counter, patiently waiting... maybe tomorrow!

This morning I was back at work and Ryan took his turn staying with The Incredible Pooping Machine Sadie today.  (By the way, she is feeling much better, and things are "moving again.")  Thanks to all of you for the well wishes!

I am officially addicted to Pomegranates.  Yesterday, I got a shipment from POM Wonderful!  They sent me all kinds of goodies for my POM Wonderful dinner party.  I have been experimenting and practicing cutting them.  I am trying to do it without making it look like a huge mess.  It's getting easier.  I have been eating the arils by themselves and as a garnish, just to get used to the texture.


This morning, I had yogurt, topped with some bran cereal and pomegranate arils.  (Most people would say, "Bran!  Bleh!"  But I really like it.)  YUM.  This would have been better with vanilla yogurt instead of strawberry, but I grabbed the wrong one.


For lunch, I tried to make the most colorful plate possible.  Doesn't it make you more cheerful when your meal is colorful?  Notice the pomegranate arils?  Today was baked potato day at school, which I LOVE.  I added just a little cheddar (low fat) and sour cream (light).  Just enough to taste.  Today, the potato also came with some ham, which I wouldn't have chosen, but was actually really good together.

And tonight I taught Zumba, so Ryan took care of dinner.  Wish I could say it was homemade, but it was one of those freezer-to-oven lasagnas.  Which are actually VERY good.  And very convenient when you are in a pinch.  (This one was super cheap because it was part of Bi-Lo's meal deal that they do.  I love a good deal.)

If you don't already do this, start reading the ads for your grocery store.  Many of them have a "meal deal" where you purchase one item and then get several other items free.  I bought this lasagna and got a 2-liter of Coke, breadsticks, and ice cream free.  The only down side to this is that you then have ice cream in the freezer tempting you. 

Happy Friday Eve, everyone!  The weekend is almost here!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!