Saturday, November 20, 2010

Anniversary Dinner: The Concord Cove (Lake Wylie)

So, remember how I told you that Ryan and I were celebrating our 9th anniversary on Wednesday?  Only, I went with my friends to the Southern Christmas Show, instead?  Well, last night we decided to go have a (child-free) special dinner to celebrate.

We couldn't decide where to go.  We considered heading to Charlotte, but in the end we decided to try The Concord Cove in Lake Wylie.  We've been meaning to go there for a while, but you know how it goes... life gets in the way...

We looked at the menu on the web site and we were drooling... it all sounded so delicious!

These pictures are terrible... the lighting was low and everything looked awful, no matter what setting I used.

I ordered a glass of the Ruffino Chianti, which I really liked!  I am going to have to try more Chiantis.  Lately, I've been on a Pinot Noir kick.

We had some delicious warm bread...

I loved that it was served on a really warm plate.  It kept the bread warm until we finished it. 

They also had hand-stamped butter, which I love.  How can you not like flower-shaped butter pats?  And that little dish over on the left had 3 different spreads.  The first was a pimento cheese, the second tasted like a pesto, and not sure about the third, but maybe a garlic spread?  All were delicious.

Ryan and I both had salads...

We had a little bit of a wait for the main course, so we tossed around ideas for our 10th anniversary trip... Chicago?  California?  Hmmmmm...... But when we got our entrees, it was worth the wait.

Ryan ordered the NY Strip with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.  It came with a pepper cream sauce.  Yum.



I opted for the special: almond-crusted sea bass with a lemon-butter sauce.  This fish.  O.M.G.  It was really amazing.  I LOVED my entree.  The fish was cooked perfectly-- still firm, but it flaked easily, and the almond crust on the outside was crunchy and delicious.  I had a baked potato, but I was kind of wishing I had gotten a vegetable.  The people across the aisle from us got asparagus and broccoli and when I saw that I had some food envy. 

We were so stuffed, we couldn't order dessert!

All in all, it was a great dinner.  I didn't ask about the price of my entree (it was a special not listed on the menu) and when we got the bill I was a little surprised... it was more expensive than I was expecting at $32... more than other menu items... but we did have a City Pass coupon, so that helped!

I would definitely give this restaurant a try if you haven't been there yet. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great & special dinner :) I hate that fancy restaurants are SO dark...terrible for food blogging ;) The crusting on your fish looks totally perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!