Sunday, November 7, 2010

Breakfast and the Mailbox Dilemma...

I am the kind of person who has a hard time letting go of things.  You know how sometimes something little will happen and it sort-of bothers you at the time, but then a little time goes by... and you get a little more irritated... and then a little more time goes by... and you get even MORE irritated?  Well, that's how I am feeling this morning...
See full size image




On Friday, my next door neighbor emailed me to tell me that she heard a loud BOOM outside and she ran to the window to see what it was.  Turns out it was the people who live across from us, backing into our mailbox.  She said she watched, and one of the people got out of the car, "straightened" up our mailbox, and then drove off.  I kind of laughed it off.  I told my husband, "I am curious to see if they say anything to us."

Now, the mailbox is definitely damaged. It was about 10 years old, and it isn't anything fancy.  In fact, it was going to need to be replaced.  This incident just sped up the timeline. 

But now it's 2 days later, and it's getting under my skin a little.  I mean, like I said, it's not like we had some fancy-schmancy mailbox.  But to not even say anything to us?  That's the part that's under my skin.

I am curious... what would YOU do in this situation?  Leave me a comment below by clicking on "comments."

On to other things, this morning is the coldest we have seen so far.  It was 33 degrees when I woke up!  Hello Fall!!! 

I started the morning with some freshly-ground coffee!  This is one of the greatest features of the Magic Bullet.  It does so many different things.  The infomercial is totally true!




Then I made a batch of pumpkin muffins... this time I left out the chocolate chips, just to make them a little healthier.  And I really like them without the chocolate, too! 

I topped it off with fresh raspberries (Yay for raspberries being in season!) and a perfect hard-boiled egg.  None of that yucky gray color!



Have a great day, everyone!  I am headed to see some special people this afternoon...

5 comments:

  1. hummm...When my family lived in Lexington, SC years ago,we had the same thing happen to us and our mailbox. Our "neighbors" NEVER acknowledged that they had demolished our mailbox with their work truck loaded with equipment..which they would leave to go to work at night...weird those ones were....

    Anyway, we just put another one up. We never were really sure about those "neighbors" and felt that even if we were to confront them, nothing would have been done to take care of their mess.

    I,too, was furious. It was the principal of the thing. But considering that different cultures and nationalities were involved, we took care of replacing our mailbox that was BIGGER and more difficult to KNOCK DOWN!...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough one Liz- maybe going to them in a question form. "I noticed my mailbox had been hit, you all didn't happen to see anyone hit it did you?" Just to make your point.

    And who are the "special people"? I'm in Columbia- but you aren't at my apartment. Are there other special people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...lack of common courtesy blows my mind. I like what the previous person said, go to them & ask if they may have seen what happened. But at the same time how much more irritated would you be if they lie to your face? I would just be super-obvious about replacing it. And then stick the bill in their mailbox. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you gotta let it go! Which is kinda funny coming from me :) The expense is there but I think that is easier to deal with then neighbors at war. If the opportunity arose I would mention it had to be replace in passing. Then I would make sure to add the comment that you just wish whoever had done it would have said something. This could possibly lead them to confess or atleast feel bad. But overall I would let it go. As I explained last week allowing issues to fester just causes hate :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for your comments! I did find my own creative way of "sticking it to them..." but I won't write it here! I'll share next time I see you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!