Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Food Find: Health(ier) Ramen Noodles

So... let's revisit the college days...

You remember those nights.  You just spent 3 hours dancing at the local college hangout (Scandal's, for you local Rock Hill people) and made it back to your dorm room around 2 or 3 a.m.  And of course... you are starving!  What can you eat?  You go to your pantry  crate under your bed and pull out... a pack of Ramen Noodles!

Come on, admit it... you ate them in college, too, right?  I remember going to the grocery store and I swear you could get like 20 of those packs for like $2.  That's the life of a college student.

Well, I really haven't eaten Ramen Noodles since I left the dorm, but I'll admit... I miss them!  They're just so fn and curly :)  I've avoided them because they're actually fried noodles (a.k.a. seriously fattening).  But on Saturday I made a trip to Earth Fare and made a discovery...

Low Fat Health(ier) Ramen Noodles!





These were actually really tasty.  The only down side is high sodium content. 

GREAT to keep in your desk at work for an emergency lunch.  You can easily add veggies to these noodles, too.  I micro-cooked them and thought they would be great with some edamame mixed in.
So if you're missing your college days... stop by Earth Fare and find these.  They'll take you back...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!