Monday, November 29, 2010

Oatmeal-Apple-Cinnamon Snack Mix

Over the Thanksgiving break, I was able to spend lots of time with my family.  I would say about 80% of our time was spent eating!  (Maybe not QUITE that much... but a LOT, for sure!)  I am going to be paying for that this week-- I am going to have to Zumba my tail off! 

But I do want to share a delicious snack mix with you that my family has enjoyed all weekend!

This is a recipe that my sister got from someone who got it from someone who probably got it from someone else, so I don't know the exact name.  I am going to call it "Oatmeal-Apple-Cinnamon Snack Mix." 

Now normally, I am a person who prefers a salty snack mix.  However, I will make an exception for this.  With the apples and cranberries, it is perfect for this time of year and just look at how PRETTY it is!

Here is the recipe from my sister, Meredith:

Recipe (mix together dry ingredients): 1 box Quaker Oatmeal Squares (found on cereal isle), 1 bag Craisins, 1 bag of Sunmaid (or any brand) dried apple chips, 2 cups walnuts.  In a separate bowl mix: 4 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup sugar and 1 stick melted butter.  Pour the wet ingredients on top of the dry ingredients.  I use my hands to mix it all together well.  Put in air tight container and put in the refrigerator for 2+ hours (I usually do it overnight).  Ready to serve!





Thanks, Meredith!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...this looks delicious! I have never seen a snack mix like this before with all of the wonderful cinnamon, crasins and apples! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey these are great snacks. i love apples and cinnamon. sorry, what are crasins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures do it justice! Good Job! And Amy, you should try it...it IS delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ela, Craisins are dried cranberries. Like raisins... but cranberries!

    Amy, it is wonderful. Because you write about sweets, I think you'd love this!

    Meredith, thanks again for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!