Monday, February 20, 2012

If I didn’t Work…

Happy Sunday!  (Actually, it’s pretty late!  Most of you probably won’t read this until Monday!)  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Sadie and I have had lots of mommy-daughter time together this weekend. 

pics 2-19-12 002

(about to go through the car wash)

pics 2-19-12 003

(here comes the scary brush!!!)

pics 2-19-12 004

We took a trip to visit Meredith and David yesterday (and Leenie and Poppy were there, too!)  It was a nice one-night trip. 

IMG_2543

IMG_2542

We had a delicious dinner, which everyone contributed to.  I took dessert: strawberry shortcake. 

pics 2-19-12 006

pics 2-19-12 008

The only bad part of the trip was our drive home which was yucky! 

pics 2-19-12 009

This weekend has been quite different from most weekends.

Usually, every weekend, I say this:

“I really need to clean up my house!” 

But then the weekend comes, and I get REALLY good at avoiding the cleaning.  I’ll do just about anything to avoid cleaning and organizing.  But the thing is, the more you avoid it, the worse it gets.  A while back, I found this cleaning schedule on Pinterest and I thought… if I could get my house clean, then I could follow this and I would not have to do marathon cleaning sessions before company comes.

But the thing is, you have to START with a clean house.  And you’ve heard about my pattern.

But THIS weekend, I decided to really do it.  (I was partially motivated by the fact that we are having our house measured for carpet tomorrow and I didn’t want strangers to see a really messy house.)  But the main thing that motivated me was that I got these new cleaning products to try out, as a part of the Daily Buzz Moms Featured Publishers program.  I received them this week and have been waiting to try them.  I’ve seen the Green Works products in the store, but had never tried them.  I have used Clorox for years, but I really hate the smell of bleach, and I have heard so many things about how bad bleach is for your body—just breathing in the fumes is awful.  So I was excited to give these a try.

IMG_2537

I love how fresh these smell!  They made the whole house smell great!  And I thought the all-purpose cleaner was really effective and worked great in the kitchen and the bathroom!  The wipes also worked great on the fixtures—they looked like I polished them!  The toilet cleaner worked great and smelled so much better than any toilet cleaner I have ever used. 

So that got me on a roll.  I just spent no less than 3 hours cleaning my bedrooom.  It’s the room that never gets really cleaned, even when guests come over.  It feels so good to have it clean! 

I have actually learned that if I didn’t work, I think I could definitely keep my house clean.  But I work.  And as much as I would love to have a cleaning service, we’re trying to save money.  So I am going to attempt to keep up with the schedule I mentioned above.  Anyone else want to try it out with me?

IMG_2546

Ok, now I need to sample one of these cupcakes Sadie helped me make.  Good night!

4 comments:

  1. I had never tried those cleaning products, I'll have to check them out. I know its so hard keeping up when you only have weekend to clean, cook, shop and of course blog! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I do stay home and it is hard to keep the house clean. It's just hard! Have you heard of fly lady? I do her program, and it helps me keep the house clean with just a little bit everyday. And you don't have to start with a clean house! Her motto is "don't try to catch up, just start where you are." 

    I do love the Clorox green products, and the Mr. Clean magic eraser is my BFF for cleaning. I don't know how it works, but it really is magic, especially in the kids' bathtub. 

    The cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard of the flylady tonight! I need to check her out. Fortunately we are starting pretty clean so I just need to do better about maintaining it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes my weekends are just as busy as the weekdays!! But I was very productive this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!