Sunday, February 5, 2012

Birthday Weekend Number Two

I know we had a special birthday weekend last weekend!  Sadie turned four.  This weekend it was my turn!  Sadie’s and my birthdays are just 5 days apart, so we do a lot of celebrating this time of year!  I thought I would do a “weekend highlights” post today.  We had a busy weekend as usual around here!

On Friday, we had our 2nd annual “Souper Bowl Tailgate.”  Last year we had a soup/chili cookoff, and we decided to do it again this year.

IMG_2424

IMG_2426

IMG_2428

I liked the “shots” of soup!  This method lets you try lots of different soups!

IMG_2429

I think my favorite was the chili made with venison. 

Friday afternoon, we took Sadie for her very first gymnastics lesson.  She absolutely loved it.  She was able to practice walking on the balance beam, do a forward and backward roll, and start working on a handstand!

IMG_2437

IMG_2443

IMG_2444

IMG_2445

From there, we headed to our church for a silent auction to help raise money for Global Missions.  We had lots of fun socializing, eating some delicious food, and I even won a basket of goodies, including a manicure!  I am looking forward to using that! 

IMG_2446

IMG_2447

On Saturday, we celebrated my birthday!  I spent the day at a dance-fitness workshop, and then enjoyed dinner at a local restaurant with Ryan and Sadie.  Of course we had cake afterwards! 

IMG_2450

IMG_2451

IMG_2454

Carrot cake!  My favorite!

Whew!  What a packed weekend!  Tonight I am looking forward to relaxing and watching The Super Bowl halftime show and commercials.  I don’t really care about the game!  I’ve never been too into football.  This is one of the first times we have ever just been at home for the Super Bowl!  I am planning to make a fun dip I sampled at Trader Joe’s and also some oven-fried chicken nuggets with BBQ dipping sauce.  How about you?  Any fun plans for tonight???

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday weekend - sounds like it was good-busy-fun!  Cute pics from Sadie's gymnastics class too!  What a precious and funny little niece I have - love you guys and happy Super Bowl Sunday!  Enjoy your evening at home!  Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun weekend! Busy as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you could have been here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog from a recipe pinned on Pinterest.
    Reading through your posts put a smile on my face. :)
    You, and your family are precious! Happy belated Birthday!!
    I look forward to visiting your blog again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love hearing from readers! Pinterest is great, isn't it??? Major time suckage. But enjoyable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!