Monday, February 6, 2012

Dip, Baby, Dip

Who watched the Super Bowl?  I don’t know that you could call what I did “watching.”  If I am being honest, what I did was catch up on some of my favorite blogs, browse Pinterest, and play on Facebook and Twitter, while pausing for a few funny commercials and the fabulous Madonna halftime show.  I just really wasn’t interested because I don’t have any ties to either team.  A few years ago, the Carolina Panthers were in the Super Bowl and that was pretty exciting.  But the husband watched the game.

Even though I am not really that into football, I do like tailgate food.  ;) 

On Sunday, the husband and I took a little trip to Trader Joe’s and we stocked up on some goodies.  While we were there, we sampled a super-easy but tasty dip with only 3 ingredients.  I thought it would make great football food.  This dip would also be great for parties!  It comes together in a snap with only about 2 minutes of micro-cooking! 

IMG_2462

Start with these 3 ingredients: soy chorizo, a container of whipped cream cheese, and a can of diced, fire-roasted tomatoes.

Mix the three ingredients together.  I only used half the sausage and half the tomatoes, because I thought I might be able to use them again in another recipe.  Mix well and microwave for about 2 minutes, or until warmed through.  Give it a final stir to be sure it is evenly warmed, and serve with chips!

IMG_2464

IMG_2467

Ta-da!  Great dip in minutes!  I also would like to point out that Ryan did not have any idea that the chorizo was SOY chorizo OR that there were tomatoes in the dip.  :)

IMG_2465

IMG_2469

On a different note, I went for my first real visit to the chiropractor today!  You may remember that I went for scans and x-rays 2 weeks ago, and today was my first real visit.  I had my first adjustment, which was no big deal (I was kinda nervous about that part) and then I started some of the treatments for my back and neck.  I’ve mentioned before that I don’t have severe pain and I am not unable to do anything, but I get a lot of headaches and I do feel pain in my lower back at night.  I will continue to let you know how my treatment goes!  I had a treatment today which actually felt really good.  I am looking forward to going back! 

Now… I’ve got to get back to The Bachelor.  I just can’t help it.  I love this show.  Very dramatic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!