Friday, July 22, 2011

Lots of Dancing and Easy Chili

Happy Friday!  TGIF!  This has been a busy week for us, for a summer week.  Ryan started back to work and he is enjoying his new job!  Today I taught Zumba in the morning and then helped with a class tonight!  Whew!  I am tired, but it’s definitely a good kind of tired.  I was counting and I have taught or taken 5 classes this week!  I’m gonna enjoy some rest tomorrow… well… sort-of.  I DO have some dancing planned for tomorrow night.  More in a minute.

First of all, I would like to talk about a product that I bought this week. 

Yes.  I bought Joint Juice.  I think it might mean that I am officially not in my twenties anymore.  I’ve had knee issues ever since high school and cheerleading.  I’ve been through times where they didn’t bother me, and then there are times when they bother me a lot.  After talking with many different people and lots of self-diagnosing with the help of the Mayo Clinic web site and Web MD, I’m pretty sure I have some issues with cartilage deterioration.  I hate to speak too soon, but I’ve been drinking this about a week and a half and my knees feel so much better than last week!  I’m doing some other things, too, like taking Glucosamine Sulfate, but I shouldn’t really feel the effects of that for several more weeks. 

Tonight I was starving when I got home, so I whipped up a batch of my Easy Chili

100_8534

I know it’s weird to make chili when it’s like 1000 degrees outside, but I love it.  I modified this recipe and made it with ground turkey tonight.  I used fresh onion, garlic, basil, and parsley.  Love having fresh herbs on hand!

Okay, so tomorrow night… I am doing something fun!  I will be dancing on the field at a baseball game!  Can you believe it?  There will definitely be pictures tomorrow!!!

Finally… tonight is my parents’ anniversary! 

IMG_2902

They’ve been married 39 years!  OMG!  What an accomplishment!  Happy Anniversary, parents!!!  Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Great story! Since I'm not in my 20s either I buy the Elation drink, I like it better. I had a knee surgery almost 3 years ago and I think it worked, I had an ACL replacement. Well good luck and also good luck to your husband with the new job!!! Jana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!