Sunday, July 10, 2011

Post-Zumba Cupcakes???

Today, I went to an amazing Zumba class. I was actually considering not going because I have taught 4 tim3es already this week and I was feeling it.  (Can you say sore legs???)  But I am so glad I went!  There were actually 5 instructors there and all of us took turns leading songs.  It was a blast and a great way to spend a Sunday!

Speaking of Zumba, I have been seeing this article about injuries and Zumba popping up on facebook.  It’s an interesting article and it definitely gives some points to think about to prevent injury and make sure that the classes you attend are “good.”  Thankfully, the classes with our company have knowledgeable instructors who have been through intense training—way beyond the regular training.  If you take Zumba classes, you may want to take a peek at the article by clicking here.

After Zumba, all I could think about were cupcakes.  Does that ever happen to you?  I have found that when it happens, it’s better to just give in to the craving or it will just get out of control.  I decided to try out a new recipe today for vanilla cupcakes and buttercream icing.  This recipe came from The Joy of Baking website.  And… there is a video you can watch, too!  (Especially if you are looking for a way to make the cupcakes look pretty!)

These cupcakes came out delicious!  The cake was so good, and I really loved the addition of the lemon zest for the flavor.  Sadie wanted to make them with purple icing, so we added a little food coloring to our buttercream icing and then added some sprinkles for fun. 

100_8468

Here we are in our baking aprons!

100_8469

100_8473

100_8474

100_8475

100_8476

Ta-da!  Yum.  Happy Sunday night, y’all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the article. Funny story, my brother is an ER physician and I always ask about crazy ER scenarios. He told me about a lady who had thrown her back out in Zumba and ended in emergency room. Yikes. Cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look delicious & beautiful! But I have to say that the cutest thing in your kitchen was your little helper...what a sweet heart! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!