Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lell’s Cafe and Fun with Egg Roll Wrappers

Happy Thursday!  It’s Friday-Eve!  I hope all of you have had a wonderful week!  Today has been a fabulous day, and I cannot wait to tell you all about it. 

Ryan and I are taking advantage of these last few days of our “together vacation.”  I am still going to be on vacation until the second week of August, but the husband goes back to work on Monday.  :(  I am so happy for him because he is starting a new job and he’s very excited… but I will miss these summer days that we’ve had together.

We went on a little day-date today to Lell’s Cafe, here in Rock Hill.  I’ve been wanting to go there for a while.  It’s locally-owned, which I love, and I also love that they use locally-grown ingredients.  In fact, they don’t even decide on their specials until they see what the farmers bring in!  Love that!

100_8492

100_8482

100_8483

As you can see, the third special was a Neapolitan Salad with three kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, herb-vinaigrette dressing, and provolone cheese.  O.M.G… this salad was amazing.  It was like eating summer on a plate.  It was so tangy and fresh.  I was sad when I ate the last bite.  Every tomato slice/half was fresh and delicious.

100_8490 

100_8491

Ryan had a quesadilla which he also enjoyed.

100_8488

100_8489

I liked that Lell’s displays works by local artists—and actually this piece “The Dress” was created by someone I know! 

100_8487

What a coincidence!  Each chair had a little tag with a cool quote, too. 

100_8486

100_8485

So if you are local, be sure to stop in and visit Lell’s Cafe.  You can visit their Facebook page to get the daily specials!

Now.  On to the Egg Roll Wrappers.  I can’t believe I have never played with these before!  This all started yesterday.  I was on Twitter and noticed that a @StayForDinner was one of my recommended people to follow.  Then about an hour later, a friend mentioned the same blog on Facebook.  So I thought I might check it out.  What a cool find.  You definitely should go visit Can You Stay For Dinner? and see all of the fun food ideas.  I was looking at the Buffalo Chicken Rolls and thought those sounded delicious.  An hour and a trip to Earth Fare later, I was putting them together.

100_1608

YUM.  But I wanted to try my own variation.  I had a pork roast in the fridge, so today I slow-cooked pork, and tonight I put together these egg rolls with pork, cabbage, and shredded carrot. 

100_8494

 100_8495

100_8497

100_8501

100_8503

These were EVEN BETTER!  I ate four (Good thing I taught Zumba tonight!) and Ryan just ate two and we both loved them.  If you click here, you can see a great tutorial for making egg rolls.  I am planning a dessert egg roll in my head right now… I guarantee this won’t be my last time playing with these egg roll wrappers.  I also bought wonton wrappers, because they are just so cute.  There’s got to be a million possibilities for these.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!