Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chili, Anyone? It's Starting to Feel Like Fall...

It was a pretty nice little Saturday today.  Started off the day a little earlier than I would have liked, but a little one in our house woke up around 7 a.m.  Unfortunately, it was MY morning to get up.  Coffee definitely helped...  A little later I headed to Zumba, but I had to make a stop at Walgreens first to get a knee brace and some Glucosamine Sulfate!  I am hoping this helps with my knee problems!  Does this mean I am getting old???

Went to the grocery store and spent too much money!  I have not been keeping up with my coupon clipping!  I paid $83 today.  :(  I usually try not to go over $50 each week.  Oh well.  I had some recipes that I am really wanting to try this week, like a BLT Wrap, a Buffalo Chicken Wrap, Beefy-Cheesy Quesadillas, and more.  (Do you notice a pattern?  It's WRAPS WEEK!)

We hit the pool today to try to enjoy it while we still can.  Next weekend is our last chance!  Sniff, sniff... That means that summer is truly ending...

In honor of fall approaching, I made a nice batch of "Easy Chili." This is one of my favorite meals, and I always eat too much! It's so easy to make.

"Easy Chili" Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean (90% lean or higher) ground beef
2 cans diced tomatoes (I use the Del Monte ones with onion and green pepper added)
2 cans of beans-- choose the ones you like. I used light red kidney beans
2 Tbsp Cumin
1Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp onion flakes
1/2 bottle of beer (one you like-- I used Corona Light)

(for topping)
reduced fat shredded cheese
light sour cream
pico de gallo
baked tortilla chips
Preparation: Brown the beef and drain fat. Add the dried spices and stir well. Then add the tomatoes, beans, and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, crushed chips, and pico de gallo.


Simmering away...
Finished product... with the fixins..

I also whipped up some homemade ranch dressing.  It will thicken up in the fridge overnight and then tomorrow it will be awesome with my Buffalo Chicken Wraps!  Stay tuned for that recipe tomorrow! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!