Saturday, August 21, 2010

My On-Again Relationship with Weight Watchers

So, over the years, I have had an on-again-off-again relationship with Weight Watchers.  I think I have joined three or four different times.  However, I rejoined "for real" in January of 2009 and vowed that I would make changes!  And I did!  I lost 40 pounds over about a year.  Here's a before and after, just so you can see the difference...

This is before WW...


And this is "After." 

I feel great about my progress so far.  But I really want to lose about 40 more pounds.  It will probably take 50 to make the Weight Watchers recommended goal.  I am just coming off a super-exciting and fun summer where I gained back about 10 pounds.  So it's back to counting points for me!

One thing I really struggle with is finding foods that are:
1.  Easy to prepare
2.  Quick to prepare
3.  Somewhat healthy (i.e. lower in POINTS)
4.  Tasty-- because everyone else in the household has to eat them, too!

As I come across food finds, I will share them here!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great what you are doing, Liz! You look fabulous! What a great way to keep on track! I agree, it is tricky...finding healthy and quick foods. Also, not getting bored with the same thing. It looks like you've come up with some really great ideas already. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on, Liz! I know you'll reach your goal. I've had almost the same relationship with Weight Watchers, and I'm thinking about rejoining, since I haven't lost much of the weight I put on since having my daughter last year. I plan to follow your blog and get some good advice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!