Monday, August 23, 2010

You know what they say about assumptions...

So today started off crazy, just like any Monday.  Rush, rush, rush to get out the door!  I was pleasantly surprised when I got in the car that I was actually 5 minutes ahead of schedule!  I silently high-fived myself.  Just as I was about to make the turn to take Sadie to child care, it hit me.  I forgot my lunch.  I had to make the call: go back home and get it and risk being late... OR... leave it on the kitchen counter to spoil and take my chances with the school cafeteria.  I turned around-- caught every red light on the way-- and grabbed the lunch bag off the counter.  Which made me 12 minutes later than normal, but I at least I had a low-points lunch that I wouldn't have to pay extra for.


Breakfast and lunch were nothing exciting.  But I did have a tasty treat after Zumba!  I had to make a run to the grocery store to get milk.  (Chocolate milk is my new obsession.  It's the best post-workout treat! )  So I grabbed the milk, and you know how it's impossible to get just ONE item at the store, so before long I found myself gazing longingly at the ice cream section.  I spotted the Whole Fruit bars.  Thinking, these are so yummy and only 60 calories, I grabbed a box of the coconut flavor.  As soon as I got in the car I opened one.  O.M.G... it was like having a Pina Colada on my drive home.  As I pulled in the driveway, I checked the label and found that NO-- these bars are NOT 60 Calories-- but 140!!!  Turned out to be a 3-point treat instead of a 1-point treat.  Oh well, live and learn.  It was still very refreshing...


Got home and whipped up a fast dinner for the hubby and Sadie: pan-seared garlicky chicken breasts.  I decided to slice mine up into a little southwestern salad.  I just piled some chicken and some of my leftover southwestern veggie salad over a bed of lettuce and voila!  A healthy, tasty, satisfying dinner!


One last pic for the day: I am so excited about the "Extreme Makover" I am doing on my classroom.  I'll post before and after pics soon.  But I will share the quote I painted on my closet doors today... one of my favorites!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!