Monday, August 30, 2010

A Case of the Mondays!

I don’t REALLY have a case of the Mondays… it’s actually been a fairly calm Monday.  I did forget my breakfast, though.  I didn’t leave it on the counter—I forgot to MAKE it.  OOPS!  I know some people don’t like to eat in the morning, but I do NOT skip breakfast.  EVER.  So I had to scrounge around at work and see what I could come up with.



I “borrowed” the string cheese from my lunch bag.  I love light string cheese.  This one is only one POINT. And I keep oatmeal at work for occasions like today.  Of course, there was coffee—that’s just a given.  By the way, I drink my coffee black.  Most people think that’s weird.  How do you take yours?

For lunch, I transformed the leftovers from last night's Buffalo Chicken Wraps into a Buffalo Chicken Salad.  (Basically, I just omitted the tortilla and added chopped carrots to the salad.)



Also, the ranch dressing is made from a Hidden Valley packet mixed with one cup of skim milk and one cup of Duke's light Mayonnaise.  It tastes like the real thing but has way less fat and calories-- it's only 1 POINT per serving.  I also had a Fiber One Bar-- the Oats and Chocolate flavor really taste great and they really are filling!

Now, this Bubba Keg... that is the best way I have found for getting all of my water.  I fill it with ice and water in the morning and sip it all day.  It is still cold when I get home around 5 p.m.!  And I don't know why, but the straw helps me drink more. 

I did a Zumba class for some of my fellow teachers today!  We rocked it and had fun together... then I boooked it across town to get to a Zumba class at the Y.  Fun... but my knees are paying the price now.  Note to self... two Zumba classes in one day are not good on the knees! 

Dinner was leftovers-- Buffalo Chicken Wraps-- but I did make dessert.

I had high hopes for these cupcakes, which are a recipe from Hungry Girl (http://www.hungrygirl.com/). 


They tasted GREAT, so in that way they were a success, but the tops were kind of concave and they fell apart easily.  Oh well, I ate two and even the hubby said they were good, and he's super-picky!  The cake tasted very moist and definitely had good, sweet banana flavor.  And the frosting was awesome-- light and peanut-buttery, without being too heavy.  If you're a fan of the peanut butter and banana combination, then you'd like these!

Here's the recipe:

Cupcakes:
2 cups moist-style boxed cake mix
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water
1/3 cup pureed bananas (as a shortcut, you can use baby food-- I did!)
1 mashed banana

Frosting:
3/4 cup Cool Whip Free
1/4 cup Reduced Fat peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Whipped, which is about the same as reduced fat)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Mix Cool Whip and peanut butter.  Set aside.  Mix all items for cakes.  Pour into 12 cupcake liners or 12 muffin cups sprayed with nonstick spray.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Allow to cool.  Then, spread icing over cupcakes.  Top with sliced bananas if desired.

Ok... this Former Couch Potato is hitting the couch for the rest of the evening... I think we have an episode of True Blood on the DVR!  Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!