Sunday, August 22, 2010

Southwestern Summer Salad/Salsa! YUM!

Liz's Southwestern Vegetable Salad
This is one of my favorite recipes!  And it only cost me $3.00 to make it today.  This will be my lunch for at least 3 days-- or I might eat it for snacks!  It's so delish that it won't last long around here.  If you are following Weight Watchers "Simply Filling," it will work for that, too!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:



1 small to medium avocado, diced

1 can of black beans, drained

1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen (thawed) white corn

1 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo

1 tbsp red wine vinegar

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp lime pepper (or regular black pepper will work)

1 tsp Frank's Cayenne Pepper Sauce


Directions: Mix all ingredients together. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips as a dip. Or, pour over lettuce for a spicy salad! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!