Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dinner: Liz's Creamy, Cheesy, Baked Penne

If the name doesn't entice you, it will definitely excite you to know that this meal cost under $10 to make and has only 4 ingredients! 

Ingredients:
12 oz. uncooked whole-grain penne pasta
1 10 3/4 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free)
2 1/2 cups pasta sauce (I used a chunky one with mushrooms)
1 1/2 cups of 2% shredded mozzarella (mine had added calcium)

Directions: Boil noodles until al dente.  Then, in a 13 by 9 inch dish, combine hot noodles with the mushroom soup.  Mix until noodles are coated.  Top with pasta sauce.  Then top with shredded cheese.  Bake 15-20 minutes covered, and then uncover for the last 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown on top.  YUMMM!

Here's the "Before Baking Shot"


And here's the "After" shot. 

Gotta go now, time to enjoy diner with my little munchkin and my hubby, who is on his way home.  A nice way to end the weekend.

Oh, and can't forget dessert! Check out these delish fruit bars I found!  Only 60 calories per bar-- 1 POINT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!