Sunday, August 29, 2010

From Birthday Cake to Buffalo Chicken Wraps

Today we celebrated my sister-in-law's husband's birthday.  Does that make him my brother-in-law-in-law?  I am not sure... Anyway, I love birthdays, but it uaually means that I am going to blow my POINTS budget.  Plus, we had lunch at my in-laws' house, which is also brings a strong likeliness of eating the not-so-healthy snacks.  Today, we had pizza from Donato's, which is a chain restaurant here in Rock Hill.  I have to say-- YUM.  Their pizza is very good.  I tried barbecued chicken pizza, which sounded strange to me, but was actually delicious.  I think I am going to try to make my own "healthy-fied" version soon.  Of course, there was cake, and it was wonderful.  I never used to like cake, but have become a cake-fan over the past few years.  Sadie definitely enjoyed her cake... most of it ended up on her hands and face!


Made it to Yoga today-- yay!  It's something I am trying to make a regular part of my week.  It's a great Sunday-afternoon activity.  It makes me feel more ready to face the week.

So then, I got to come home and make these amazing Buffalo Chicken Wraps.  I have to thank Hungry Girl for these.  They were in her book 200 Under 200, which has (you guessed it) 200 recipes that are 200 calories or less. This book is AMAZING.  The foods satisfy your cravings for unhealthy foods and are usually really easy to prepare. 

These wraps are spicy (hence, the "buffalo" in the name), but the lettuce and ranch dressing help to cool them down and keep them light.  These make a great lunch or dinner meal-- or even a snack!

Buffalo Chicken Wraps:

Close-Up View

Plate View
Ingredients:

Chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2-3 oz. per person)
shredded or chopped lettuce
chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp light ranch or bleu cheese dressing
1-2 tsp Frank’s Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1-2 tsp light Parmesan Cheese topping
tortillas (1 per person)— I used one that has 120 calories and 11 grams of fiber


Directions:
Mix chopped chicken with hot sauce and parmesan cheese. Microwave until warm. Then, lay tortilla flat. Spread ranch or bleu cheese in a line down the middle of the tortilla. Over dressing, pile lettuce and tomatoes, and finally the chicken. Eat “taco-style.”


Variations: You can swap the dressing for light sour cream. You can also add cheese or avocado if you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!