Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Walking Between the Towers

This morning I didn't forget my breakfast.  I had a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich on Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats (Whole Wheat). 


Breakfast of Champion Teachers and Former Couch Potatoes
Now I am sipping my coffee, getting ready to face the day.  I am getting ready to go and read one of my favorite books, The Man Who Walked Between the Towers to a class of 5th Graders.  This book is amazing.  It is about Phillippe Petit, a French tightrope walker who did a high wire walk between the Twin Towers in 1974.  It's an amazing story of courage. Every time I read this book to a class, I get many gasps, oohs, ahhhs, and more hilarious sounds.  The kids and I both love this book.  I've been reading this book every day to groups of kids for the past 2 weeks.  And I think this book is one of the things that gave me the courage to start this blog.  I've always been interested in doing it, but I needed something to give me a push. So, thanks, Phillippe, for the push. 

A funny thing happened at work today.  A water line burst and they had to shut off all water at 2:00 p.m.  So that made things a little interesting.  Now think about this... no water means no toilet flushing... so I immediately stopped drinking water...

For dinner, we had Hungry Girl's Cheesy Beefy Quesadillas.  YUMMMMM... so delicious.

I added a cup of leftover chili, just to round it out.

So, here's the recipe for the quesadillas:

Ingredients:
1 high fiber low fat tortilla
1/3 cup beef style soy crumbles
1/4 cup FF or light shredded cheddar
1/2 wedge Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss flavor
1/4 tsp. taco seasoning
1 Tbsp. sliced green onions or chopped scallions
1 Tbsp FF or Red. Fat Sour Cream

Combine cheddar, sour cream, onions, taco seasoning, and crumbles in a bowl.  Stir well.  Microwave on high 30 seconds.  Then stir again and set aside.  Heat a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat.  Spread Laughing Cow cheese over half of a tortilla.  Then lay the tortilla on the skillet for about 30 seconds.  Then, spread the "beefy" mixture on top of the Laughing Cow.  Fold the tortilla over and press to seal.  Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side-- just enough to get the tortilla nice and crispy.  Serve with sour cream and salsa-- or whatever fixins you like!

The husband is always complaining about low fat foods, but he raved about this one.  Even went back for seconds... that means it was a winner!

Ok, well, I am off to the salon... going to get my hair done!  Can't wait!  

Before...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!