Thursday, August 26, 2010

Small Victories

So, I just haven't been able to post the past couple of days. I got overwhelmed, but now I am back.  This morning I couldn't help myself and I had a Dove Dark Chocolate Promise.  I love these for the candy AND the messages.  Here was mine for today...

So... I am celebrating small victories today. For example, I got up and got myself ready in time to make my favorite breakfast-- a ham and egg sandwich for only 3 points!  See the picture and recipe below...

This recipe is so easy...



Ingredients:
1 egg
splash of milk
Arnold Whole-Wheat Sandwich Thins (or other Sandwich thins)
2 slices of deli ham
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Spray a small microwaveable with nonstick spray.  Beat egg, milk, salt, and pepper together in the bowl.  Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 30 seconds (varies, depending on the microwave).  Meanwhile, toast your break.  (If your house is like mine, you probably can't do both at the same time!  :)  Then, slide your egg "round" onto the bread.  Top the egg with the ham slices.  (This tastes really yummy if you add either a slice of low fat cheese or spread a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese on the bread.  De-Lish!)

Got to work and had to unload about a million bags to take them to my classroom.  I was grumblingh and complaining about how far I had to walk between my car and my classroom, BUT... as soon as I got done unloading, the sky exploded and down came the rains...


...so that's a small victory I am celebrating. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!