Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy Blogiversary to Me! One Year of Blogging!

This weekend, a thought occurred to me when I was driving in the car.  I thought, “Hey.  I think I started my blog about this time last year.”  So I checked and… TODAY’s the day!  Yes, a year ago today, I wrote my first blog post for Confessions of a Former Couch Potato.  In the beginning, I wasn’t really sure what I wanted my blog to focus on.  There were a lot of things in my life that I wanted to write about: a husband and child, food, a job I loved, a variety of fitness activities, trying to eat “right” and more.  My blog sort of combines all of those things into this digital version of a scrapbook. 

I’m a wife and mom who tries to be budget-conscious, while also leading a fairly healthy lifestyle.  Do I fail miserably?  Heck yes.  It happens all the time.  But I think that is just  how “real life” is.  I used to think I had to hide that from you when I was blogging, but now I have decided that honesty is the best policy.  I think people like to read about people who are real.  So I try to be real with you.

It amazes me every day that people actually read this blog.  Thanks so much to all of you who make comments on the blog or on Facebook or Twitter.  It makes me so happy when you say, “I made your recipe!”  or “I loved what you wrote about running a 5K!” It makes me smile.  Thanks to all of my followers and readers! 

I’d love to know… what’s something you have enjoyed here at Confessions?  Is there a recipe you tried and liked?  An entry you remember?  Tell me about it!  Just scroll to the bottom and click to leave me a comment!

So, it was a fairly ordinary Sunday for us.  Yesterday I went on a 3-hour river tubing adventure with some friends, so today I was exhausted.  My sweet hubby took us to breakfast this morning at one of our regular breakfast spots: The Little Cafe.

100_8913 

100_8910

100_8912

Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Prince Charming joined us, as well.

100_8914

So rude… they didn’t even offer to help pay the check.

I decided on an omelette with ham, cheese, tomato, and onion.  And I shouldn’t have… but I got hash browns.  :)  They were delish.

100_8915

100_8916

Afterwards, we enjoyed a riveting movie… “Aladdin.”  And then I headed to the pool while Ryan and Sadie napped here at the house.  It was such a nice day AND I got to finish my book, The Hunger Games. 

100_8919

Now I need Book 2 of the trilogy!  I am hoping someone will lend me the Kindle version.  (Anyone?  Anyone?)  I’ve gotten so used to reading on the Kindle.  If not, I know a few people that will lend me toe paper copy.  It’s such a great book!!!  Very intense!  And at the end, I was dying to know what would happen next! 

100_8920

100_8921

We had a meeting to attend at church, so we had a quick and easy dinner.  I have decided it is ok to eat frozen pizza sometimes.  I just add some fresh fruits and veggies.  Roasted broccoli and watermelon made this meal better.

Happy Sunday night and have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just found your blog on bloggers and loved the name of your blog. I am now following your 2nd year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Blogiversary! You are a wonderful blog writer and although I still maybe haven't found my niche just yet or theme to my own blog, you have inspired me and that alone is worth a lot! Keep enjoying what you do and all the writing you produce, and I'll keep reading & supporting you...on to year two!! xo, MWJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!