Monday, August 1, 2011

Haircuts and Ham & Cheese

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Sometimes Mondays are hard, so Sadie and I started with a doughnut.  Usually, we celebrate Doughnut Day on Fridays, but since we’re going on a big trip later this week, we went ahead and celebrated today.

doughnut day

Sadie chose a strawberry frosted doughnut.  Just coffee for me, thanks.

Today I was busy running errands, getting a few things done before our trip.  One item on the agenda: haircut for Sadie.

100_8613

100_8615

100_8618

We go to Clipper Doodles, a child-friendly “salon.”  Sadie loved sitting in the race-car chair and wearing the “superhero cape.”  Sadie was soooooo good for her haircut.  She did exactly what the hairdresser asked her to do, and she was super-proud of her new ‘do.  Nothing drastic… just shortened up a bit.

100_8619

100_8620

100_8621

Tonight, we had a simple dinner that I usually reserve for tailgating or parties: Baked Ham and Cheese Rolls.  These are so delicious.  They are perfect for a party or for a simple dinner.  (I have even made them for breakfast!) 

100_8623

100_8624

You could make many varieties of these, and I actually like adding arugula and sliced tomatoes sometimes, but tonight I went with the super-simple version: honey ham, muenster cheese, and soft potato rolls. 

Assemble the sandwiches and place in a baking dish.  Then comes the best part… the topping.  THIS is what makes these mini-sandwiches awesome. 

Mix: hot melted butter, yellow mustard, poppy seeds, and dried onion flakes.  I don’t use exact measurements, but tonight I would estimate that I used 1/2 stick of butter, 1 tsp of mustard, 1/2 tsp of poppy seeds, and 1 tsp of onion flakes. 

Pour over the rolls and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts and sandwiches are toasted.  Mmmmmmmm… delicious!

100_8630

100_8625

Okay, now the Bachelorette finale is calling my name.  It’s the final rose tonight!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!